I moved away from collecting new falls when I paid over $600.00 a gram for Claxton and could only realize less than $140.00 a gram a few years later when broken down into smaller pieces. Peekskill can be had for a fraction of the price it once sold for. The asking is price is way too high on this new Howardite when the famous Kopoeta Howardite with much more history and much less total weight only fetches around $100.00 a gram at auction.

Then there are a few other issues like greedy con artists substituting fresh NWA material for witnessed falls or a serious decline in collectors disposable income since 2008 that puts downward price pressure on all collectables.

A collectable of any sort has to be extremely desirable and very different to survive as an investment in this very slowly recovering economy.

Adam