Thanks a lot!!!
I found this acid in a shop near my home for less than 8$/kg, I will try!

Francesco

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Murray Paulson [mailto:murray.paul...@gmail.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 21 settembre 2016 05:34
A: Francesco Moser <coj...@tiscali.it>
Oggetto: Re: [meteorite-list] acid for pallasite

HI Francesco:

I have used Oxalic acid in a 5 to 10% solution to clean up rust. I discovered
it from friend in the Lapidary community. It cleans up rust stains on counter
tops and on steel.  You can buy the  white crystal powder in some hardware
shops and Lapidary shops.

I have used a laser to cut stainless steel and the heat causes the cut margins
to rust. A short soak in a 5 % solution cleans it up.

Cheers.

Murray

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/4-uses-for-oxalic-acid

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Francesco Moser via Meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> Wich kind of acid I can use for dissolve the iron/rust in a Pallasite,
> so I can save the Olivine?
>

> Thanks a lot!

> Francesco
>

> ---
> Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.

---