Da: cdtuc...@cox.net [mailto:cdtuc...@cox.net]
Inviato: venerdì 6 ottobre 2017 15:50
A: Francesco Moser <coj...@tiscali.it>
Cc: Francesco Moser via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Oggetto: Re: [meteorite-list] help me in understand analysis

I don't see the Mn percent. That is needed to get an Fe/Mn ratio.
Carl
--
Love & Life

---- Francesco Moser via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
wrote:
> Hello!
a man have send me some pictures of a dozen stones and asked me wich types of
meteorites could be.
I answered that for me those materials are terrestrial.
But he tell me that for sure the stones are lunar meteorites :) He has send me
this analysis for proving the lunar origin of the stones.
I'm not able to understand this data, please someone could take a look and tell
me if this material could be terrestrial or extra-terrestrial.
No other analysis was done on the stones. I guess that without an oxigen
isotopes abundance ratio is impossible to identify a lunar rock, isn't?

Method LF200

SiO2    47.45%
Al2O3   19.42%
Fe2O3   9.73%
MgO     10.16%
CaO     8.95%
Na2O    1.75%
K2O     0.79%
TiO2    0.29%
P2O5    0.08%
Cr2O3   0.01%
Ba      110ppm
Ni      121ppm
Sc      7ppm

I Have also a detailed list of trace elements.

This man tell me that the presence of K2O and P2O5 confirm the
extra-terrestrial origin of the rocks.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Francesco

---