Rick,
Hope you are well.

Like many meteorites that are more abundant (and therefor tend to drive prices
down) the rarity of more desirable features on such specimens is what justifies
a premium for a singular specimen. For this reason I agree that the specimen
you described would certainly sell at a premium. I don't personally think 10$/g
would be entirely unrealistic for it, though it may be hard though to find a
buyer for it depending on who you know...

The specimen you describe sounds like a nearly perfect example of an SA, though
I would say it could be one step closer to perfect if it had a label on it from
the Soviet Academy of Sciences, and came with some other old provenance card
from a prestigious European collection. I've seen an 80g, somewhat mundane
specimen of SA sell for 25$/g due to having a label from the SAS on it.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295

Sent using the mail.com mail app