> The distribution from Olympia Fields/Park Forest to Steger/Beecher would
> argue that the flight path was NW to SE or vice versa. The larger masses in
> the Olympia Fields area would support the former. If they are correct I was
> searching the wrong side of every building. Please enlighten,

That is interesting because the direction you noted is perpendicular to what the
DOD satellite saw.  Your distribution ellipse is based on actual finds, so
combined with the DOD data, this indicates that the Park Forest strewnfield is
actually larger than orginally thought, and many of the meteorite fragments
have not been recovered, including some of the larger fragments. It would be
interesting to try to figure out how much your strewnfield ellipse overlaps with
the DOD ellipse.  The larger pieces would tend to fall downstream on the far end
of the ellipse, or some kilometers northeast of the coordinate given in the DOD
report (41.56 North latitude, 87.67 West longitude).  Incidently, how far is
this position from Park Forest and Beecher?

Ron Baalke