Hello All

Back in August I was approached by a man from Madagascar with some potential meteorites to sell. They looked good and I offered to buy them but he wanted more than I was willing to offer for unconfirmed stones. Through further correspondence it was learned that his finds correlated to a fall on July 27th of this year and I began working in earnest to obtain some as they are just fantastic jet black individuals.

Without question, this was the most difficult material I have even negotiated. At the end of three long months, and then some, I can say we learned to understand each other better as we made our first successful transaction. That said, the terms to acquire them were such that I may not repeat my business with him if we can not restructure our ability to transact. So for now, assume this is all I am getting.

What I did get was exceptional, and along with it an eyewitness account of the fall and subsequent hunt. It is a wonderful account and it helps us once more in our quest to answer "Are they hot or cold when they land?". I will leave you to read it.

I do know that complete stones are getting harder to obtain, as are the smaller sizes. After selling to my website subscribers I only have 18 stones remaining.

TKW looks like about 40 kgs after 5 months of hunting.

It is noteworthy that this fell the same day as Glendale, Arizona. It will be interesting to see if they match up when classifications are done. It' also corresponded with a lunar eclipse, the reason it was seen at all as my supplier was out to take photos of that event. The Madagascar material is being classified at the Musee d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris and Glendale at Arizona State university.

Please a least have a look to enjoy the stones and the story.

As pieces sell I will take them off the site so please refresh often.

http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/mada.htm

Happy Holidays,

Rob Wesel

Nakhla Dog Meteorites