I have been a rock collector since I was a kid, and that Bug finally provided
me a car that would take me most anywhere in North America in my search for
rare rocks.
Over the next two and a half decades, I drove my Beetles and related vehicles
about 1.5 million miles on trips to Canada, Mexico, twice to Kentucky, twice to
Georgia, about 10 times to eastern Texas, and several times to volcanic sites
way up north. Also included were dozens of week-end trips to Southern
California deserts to hunt meteorites on dry lakes.

Best wishes,

Bernd (in Germany)