--- mark ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if I offended anyone on this but I must just
> say this last thing
> in response:
>

> Just because nobody can prove god doesn't exist
> doesn't mean god does
> exist. Of course the reverse is true too.
>
> But this is where science and religion differ.
>
> In Science you propose a theory, you look for direct
> evidence of proof
> (or as close as you can get to proof), then the
> theory gets refined
> until we end up with  something close as close to
> 'the truth' as poss.
>

> In Religon, Someone many thousands of years ago,
> comes up with a 'god
> theory', people see this as an ideal way of
> controlling people's minds,
> winning them over, the idea gets adjusted to suit
> the politics of the
> day,
> Then over thousands of years it gets changed and
> altered, mistranslated,
> finally adjusted into it's modern day format (again
> to suit the politics
> of the day).  - The key here is at no point is there
> any direct
> independent evidence.
>

> Had religion been a scientific theory it would have
> been ditched
> centuries ago due to lack of evidence.
>

> But you do with your time what you will,  me I'm
> going to study the
> world around me and learn the FACTS for myself not
> rely on what someone
> wants you to hear based on pure hearsay.
>

> As for the thought that everything is 'too perfect'
> so there must be a
> god, look outside one night does the universe really
> look perfect to
> you?

Mark,

No the universe does not really look as perfect as we
ourselves sometimes think we as a species are.  (At
least the "Man Centered Universe" idea ended centuries
ago).

And as science is predictiong, meteorites, asteroids,
and comets can really put a dent in the notion that
Man is the center of all things.  The universe at
large is far from perfect in our eyes... It is in a
constant state of slow motion chaos.  And Man himself
is also in a much higher and faster state of conflict
and chaos.

As for God, Man cannot prove or disprove.  But there
are revelations, visions, and dreams.

This year, I have had all three.  We are all going to
die, some soon, some later.  I had an NDE when I was
in the hospital on my death bed, locked in that weird
coma state.  What I "saw" opened my "eyes" even though
theoretically I could not see anything were I was at
the time.

I now realize that my whole perception of the concept
of God has been altered by the experience.

God does exist.

I can't prove it, but I can, in this very chaotic
life, live true to what I know... Even though I know
that all my efforts will not win me or gain favor with
God.

God exists, and I know that all of us will someday
come to know that even if we don't believe it now.

And I think that we will know the questions to all
things, and not have to concentrate on such questions
then as we do now.

Steve Schoner/ams

BTW: I have quite a few questions about meteorites,
and I will have quite a few more when that final day
comes.  I also have a question that I would love to
ask God, so I keep in in my mind now, so that I
remember to ask it when I get there.

Why nerves in teeth that do not heal, but when they go
bad, they really hurt...Never to heal.  You did it
right in sharks, why not us?

LOL!