Hello everyone,
1)      I'm sad to say that for the first time in many years, I was not able
to attend the Tucson show. However, that has not stopped me from offering
some great deals on some great rarities. My inventory is always up to date
and specimens can be found here:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApwRTux0g0Lbgo1FYreSUzpYotx1Ow?e=6cooZ3. The spreadsheet
is sortable by country, type, etc. Go to top left of the list and sort on
"NEW". Happy to provide pictures on request. I am usually open to do partial
trades on nearly all specimens except for those on consignment (Chwichiya
002 - member of the new but not approved CT group).
2)      I have been able to source some beautiful Ivory Coast Tektites from
a family that lives there. There are two to choose from, a massive 58.6g and
smaller 26.3g specimen. Note that the 58.6g specimen has a small area of
delamination with unknown origin. The pictures can be viewed here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/1xnoqo7bppoaw2zjuf1fa/h?dl=0&rlkey=4hbi2ts2qe
uk0mhlhf3nrgw7m. Note that Dr. Christian Koeberl, one of the top experts on
Ivory Coast tektites, has verified a specimen from the larger batch these
came from. The letter from him is available for download as well. The price
is much lower than what these would typically sell for as the family is
looking to raise some cash.
3)      We had a successful GMA (Global Meteorite Association
<http://www.gmeta.org> ) party at the Sky Bar in Tucson that went quite late
into the evening. Thanks to Sean Mahoney, one of our board members, for
representing. We have been growing quickly and our members are really
excited about all the benefits we offer them:
https://gmeta.org/member-only-benefits.
a.      The GMA posts all its financials publicly online:
https://gmeta.org/community/quarterly-impact-newsletter
b.      The GMA posts all of its rules, CoE, and even the rules governing
the board publicly here: https://gmeta.org/about
c.      Our community has always wanted an inclusive environment and one
focused on serving the entire community. The GMA offers many different
levels of membership and welcomes all educators/students, scientists,
collectors and dealers. After you've had a chance to review our list of
benefits and our modern website, join us here:
https://gmeta.org/membership/join-us. All of our forms are online and
automated so we can easily review and vote on applications even during busy
times like Tucson. We even send out automatic requests to the people you
list for recommendations. Ok, you get the gist, we've made it easy.
d.      There is a lot of great stuff, so make sure to read the last 2
newsletters and check out the rest of the website. We have BIG plans for the
next 6 months as well ...
Regards to all,
Mendy Ouzillou
SkyFall Meteorites