Hello All,

The overall consensus here on the US east coast is that we were lucky not to
get hit worse by this monster storm...Isabel. For those in it's path the
damage and difficulties are bad enough. Billions of dollars in damage and
millions have been without power...and many still are. Flooding from the
storm surge/push onto land was extensive. Cities like Baltimore along the
coast had areas that were/are under several feet of water. Geoff Cintron
alluded to how bad the North Carolina/Virginia coastal areas got whacked.
John Sinclair is probably out there cleaning up...if, he has even gotten back
to his home yet.

Areas in South Jersey, Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland were
ravaged with 50 to 80 miles an hour winds knocking down trees (and power
lines) by the thousands.

The speed of this fasting moving storm saved us all from tremendous rains and
extensive periods of winds. Even my area here in PA..far from the storm's
center got lots of wind Thursday night...knocking power out for 1/2 day and
taking down several trees and large branches in the neighborhood.

Yes, we were lucky it was not worse...but believe me, it was bad enough. I
cannot imagine what a direct hit of a category 4 or 5 would do to the Mid-
Atlantic or Northeast areas with all the people and development we have.

Even worse for us and others would be the tsunami from a large asteroidal hit
in the (Atlantic) ocean.

Count your blessings every day,

John