Dear List,

I have a question for anyone who knows their chemistry better than I do.  My wife and I are thinking of purchasing an air purifier for removing dust, allergens etc. from our home.  Some of these purifiers emit negative ions into the air (e.g. the Holmes Harmony Ionizing air Purifier, available at your local Walmart). Does this affect the risk/rate of corrosion for any meteorites in the same room? We keep our meteorites in plexiglass containers with dessicant and VCI paper to help protect against things such as moisture and dustballs full of Cl- ions.  However, the ambient air does get into them.

Sincerely,

Stephen McMann