Dear Pekka, List;
There is a lag time with classifications (sometimes years), and a lag time with the annual meeting of the nomenclature committee (annually in July, info must be printed in about May or so of that year), and lag time with the printing of the 5th. Ed. Catalogue of Meteorites as there is with any publication being submitted for review, and review, and publishing, and printing......so, the cut off was way back in as a guess '97 or '98 maybe earlier? Lost Creek with dates like 2001 and 2002 in the met. bulletin would be under the window of opportunity.
Hope this helps.
Dave Freeman

Pekka Savolainen wrote:

Lost Creek is not the only well known one missing from the cataloques. Just
try to find the "cow killer", Valera.

Suppose, both are real ones, but what´s the reason, they are not listed?

pekka s

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Does anyone have information on the "Lost Creek" meteorite?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am "at a loss" to find "Lost Creek" as well.

I know Jerry is an avid collector of Kansas meteorites in particular, and a glance at "Meteorites A-Z" reveals the following Kansas "creeks" -

Elm Creek, Goose Creek, Ladder Creek, Prairie Dog Creek, and Sand Creek...maybe the rock in question is one of those?

Gregory

J. Gregory Wilson
2118 Wilshire Blvd. #918
Santa Monica, CA 90403

--

Pekka Savolainen Jokiharjuntie 4 FIN-71330 Rasala FINLAND

+ 358 400 818 912

Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>