In a message dated 07/04/04 13:31:16 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I am curious if anyone knows of recovered meteorites which have had sonic
booms heard/felt during their fall.

Jeff,
the Bovedy fall of April 1969, Northern Ireland produced (sonic?) booms that were caught on audio tape. And the Leighlinbridge fall (Ireland again, but Eire) was reported to have rattled windows and tripped burglar alarms - witnesses thought that a bomb had exploded.
To hear the Bovedy recording, go to my website and find my "Bovedy" listing. There's a link within the description for downloading a short sound file in wav format.
Bovedy is a very pretty type 3, so check out the picture too.

Cheers,
Rob Elliott
www.meteorites.uk.com
Fernlea Meteorites,