G'day List,

I've had a 42g oriented shield for about 2-ish years now which I bought on eBay for very little. I always thought it looked unusual and suspected it might be an L7 or something like it. I was never able to get a good surface as the stone had been windowed irregularly. I finally chopped off the excess the other day and just polished it with emery. My suspicions started when I got the 'annoyed looked' from my girlfriend as I polished the piece. It made a really bad sound like finger nails down a black board and was quite difficult to polish. Then under 10x magnification it looks a little like my Shisr 007 piece except much grayer. There are no chondrules and with two 1 inch rare earth magnets; very little attraction.

It has proved extremely difficult to photograph but there are some shots at the link below. I would really like to hear any opinions from other collectors and dealers out there. This may just turn out to be the best eBay meteorite deal ever!

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteorites.com.au