Jörn kindly wrote:

"About 40 years ago, another group around Bartholomew Nagy announced the recovery of extraterrestrial lifeforms in carbonaceous chondrites..."

Hello again,

And if one continues further back in time to 1879, Otto Hann though he found plant fossils in thin sections of Knyahinya and other meteorites. And before that, Carl A. Gumbel searched for organic structures in carbonaceous chondrites, in particular Cold Bokkeveld and Kaba.

There is no shortage of important meteorites, and Allende is, no doubt, one of the most important stones ever both in shear quantity, scientific importance, and fall timing. However, we must not forget the shoulders upon which we stand.

Cheers,

Martin H