Hello list,

Was wondering if anyone noticed the meteorite coin that has been listed a few times on ebay the last month for the first time. One coin is currently listed. It features a piece NWA 267, is made of silver and is a legal tender $10.00 coin in Liberia.

One listed on ebay right now is item number 3944213561.

The coin itself is very nice and shows a nomad? on a camel in the desert and a meteor cutting across the sky, back of coin has Liberia government markings and notes it is worth $10 dollars.
The meteorite for the coin was supplied by me to a large bank in Liberia. One of the workers came up with the ideal and I sent him a few samples. The bank later made an order and these nice coins were minted. I do not know how many were made but if meteorite coins interest you, I would suggest getting one right away. The company is sold out and it was only a few months ago they were released. They offered me one below wholesale which I had passed, but I just e-mailed them and they came up with one for me, at the under wholesale price, which when you add shipping is over $100. Along with the coin you are suppose to get a certificate with a piece of the meteorite....although it is possible that two versions exist...one without meteorite....but I don't know. The bank made a second order to put pieces on the certificate.

Since I collect and sell coins somewhat, it is kind of neat to have supplied meteorite to a government bank to for coinage.

And as a side note, this makes NWA 267 argueably, a little better. It being the first meteorite applied to a legal tender coin.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com
www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com