Sterling and list,
I've been using Eudora in one of it's varied forms as my email program for going on ten years. Like Netscape, the reply default for Eudora is the top of the page. Personally, I like the top posting replies so I don't have to scroll down through all previous posts to read the current one.

JKGwilliam

At 09:07 AM 1/4/2005, Sterling K. Webb wrote:

Darren Garrison wrote:
> Top posting is generally looked on rather negatively.

I never thought about there being any existing protocol (i.e., my ignorance),
but I use Netscape for mail and have for about eight years. In Netscape, top
posting is the default setting for replies. I just used it as it came.
What about other mail programs?

Sterling K. Webb