On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:33:03 -0400, "Charles O'Dale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Could you save me $0.50 and tell me the "unthinkable conclusion"?

I just finised the book tonight.  The "untinkable conclusion" is that
meteorites that hit the Earth
(apparently, all sizes) are sent here and aimed by an alien species to hit
specific areas to be
"markers" to help in future missions to map the Earth.  Also, that the aliens
are careful to make
sure that none of the asteroids hit submarine plate boundaries, because if one
did hit one, it would
cause a chain reaction of "unzipping" the continental plates and destroy the
Earth the same way the
former asteroid belt planet was destroyed.