From: "Jack Schrader" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jack Schrader" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fw: [meteorite-list] Arizona State Hunting Laws
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:52:50 -0700

This is an excellent post to the list made in June of this year by Mark Bostick. If you are considering trying to hunt this area, Please read this information very carefully. This is Arizona Law. If you look at a map of the area, you will discover that only a small area surrounding the crater is Barringer property. The surrounding area is predominately State Trust Land and Meteor Crater Ranch land. The Meteor Crater Security people, the Game Warden who lives to the west of the crater and the people at Meteor Crater Ranch are all sternly opposed to meteorite hunting on any of this property, private, State Trust or Barringer Property and will report you to the Coconino County Sheriff for arrest. This is a fact! There are safer, more relaxing and more fun areas in Arizona to hunt for meteorites!....try Franconia where H and LL finds are still being made or Gold Basin which will never be hunted out entirely. Best wishes to all for a safe and Happy Holiday Season, Jack
----- Original Message ----- From: "MARK BOSTICK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>