I have sent him numerous emails, but no feedback yet. It's been over 3 weeks
since the auction.

this might seem overly harsh, but I would think that maybe he hasnt left feedback because he thinks you are pestering him on the issue. 'numerous emails' seems to be a bit above and beyond the call for wanting feedback posted within a 3 week timespan. I could understand if he never sent you your purchase, but all those mails just because he never left feedback?

just from my own perspective, as both a buyer and seller on ebay i normally leave feedback in large groups. maybe once a month, or even longer depending on my useage. Also dont forget that 3 weeks is still well within the time period where you might decide you arent happy with the transaction and it could go belly up. feedback should be left when both parties are happy with how the deal concluded. 3 weeks may be too soon for the seller to feel safe in doing this.

just my 2 cents.