You know, I had promised myself to not respond to the
lists resident Florida drunk who is always trying to
be make himself seem holyier than the rest of us.
Hell, I even held my breath a couple weeks ago when he
was flogging a fake oman "meteorite export permit" to
sell a lunar when all he had was an internal Oman memo
asking that the meteorite be permitted to be exported.
It certainly wasnt a legal "Export permit" that would
protect anybody that he was trying scare by implying
that if your meteorites werent bought from him then
they betetr live in fear of the police banging down
your door. (I guess you figured none of your customers
could read arabic eh adam? - to bad some of us have
arabic friends).
But anyway, I will respond anyway. Yes, when I make
new websites I do indeed offer a discount to the list
before I list it permanantly on my website for my non
list member customers. Thats sort of a courtesy for
using the list as an advertising medium.
As far as meteorites drying up, I know some people
wont believe me when I say they are becoming much
scarcer and figure it is just my marketing but my
experience is that I cant get as many now and they are
harder to buy. At one point several years ago I was
getting an airfreight shipment of four or five hundred
kilos every 6 weeks or so. Now it will take me 3 or 4
months to buy up that amount for munich when I am
putting much more effort into buying them and paying a
lot more money.
Not sure where adam is getting that I said meteorites
were not running out. I have been saying for 2 years
that the supply is drying up. I wouldent expect it to
get anything like it was a couple years ago.
As far as ebay fee increases go, a 500% increase (From
2 to 10 cents) and a 10% closing fee sounds like a big
deal if you list thousands of store items using
several user id's. Basically the fee increase makes it
harder to use ebays store as your main website as it
is no longer competative with running a website. Ebay
will always make excellent marketing and I doubt I
will ever give it up. But weaning a bit of ebay is a
project that I have been working on for some months
now but the fee announcement yesterday got me into
high gear in doing something. I am hoping to
eventually maintain 4 or 5 hundred ebay auctions
instead of my usual 1000 to 2000 that I usualy do.
Anyway, I will try and ignore our florida drunk and
his self indulgence and claims that his meteorites are
better than your meteorites in the future.
Its sad and reduces the quality of the list when one
list member wants to start mud slinging matches all
the time for no reason other than a little to much
jack daniels while promoting his meteorites using
scaremongering rather than emphasing the quality of
his meteorites or his prices like most other people
do. Probably because he cant compete on quality vs
price with other dealers. Some people needs to grow up
and realize that the communist era ended 15 years ago
and most of the world has free competation nowadays.
Cheers
DEAN