From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:37:48 +0100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Suspect Seller?

Hey Bill,

What is it with some of the people on this distribution?  According to the met-list About, this is...

"...with over 600 members, the best place to get information on rocks from space!"

I'm old on astronomy, and newish on meteorites.  I joined thinking I'd "get information on rocks from space".  As for Ken's post (I don't know the man) - it's useful to get a feel for the kind of scams that are around.  I'm not stupid, but I can be misled.

What's the primary purpose of this group, nowadays, in reality?  Is it for dealers?  Mainly dealers, with collector/lurkers hoping to get an inside tip?  Or just a place for the Old Boys to ignore or beat up the new guys?  As a new member, I can honestly say that it's certainly not an open and welcoming community.  Most hobbies try to encourage beginners - proponents want to share their knowledge, wonder and passion about their interests.  This kind of BS can only serve to put people off the whole hobby.

So I guess I'll be flamed for this - off-list is fine, but I suppose there's more grandstanding to be done by posting on-list. :-\

Mark

Bill wrote:
Hi Ken,

Are you bored to death? I am. A lot of list members have been reamed out for posting these ebay warnings. Matteo comes to mind.

Please stop. If we want your opinion we'll join the imca and view it on your invaluable website/s

Bill

Get Free 5GB Online Storage - Safely store your documents, photos and music online!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/storage to find out more!