Heres what the seller wrote to me when I told him he had a piece of Allende and it isnt an Aubrite.

"i do not see anywhere on paper on certificate that is allend it say Classification Aubrite can you help me on that one? thank you for helping on this one i have lot rock from moon and mars when i use it to show at Space show and airshow how can i get paper for moon if you know so i can selli ue have it but we move lots and it lost thank you "

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "dean bessey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Mike Bandli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Not an Aubrite

What about the australian export permit required if it
was really what he said (You would think that a "Space
Research Corporation" would know the law)
Second photo shows that this is obviously a NWA CV3
which makes his 6 gram rock worth about $30. I find it
strange that somebody would try to perpetrate a fraud
using a real (And somewhat scarce and highly
undervalued) meteorite.
Cheers
DEAN

--- Mike Bandli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is ridiculous:

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ160205758255

Obviously not an Aubrite as advertised. Not even
Murchison (looks like CV3). And what is 'Space
Research Corporation?' The only info I can find is
of a notorious arms smuggling company. I emailed the
seller and told him that it is not an aubrite and
that he would be ripping off some poor new meteorite
collector if it sells. The seller doesn't believe me
because he has a 'COA' and claims that he has
received dozens of offers to end his auction early
for $400. Come on! Scam... By the way... COA is
usually an acronym for: FAKE.

Bored and waiting for my plane,

Mike