Hi Mike, List,
I've noticed that too but I can't necessarily fault anyone for that. I do admire all finds and falls shared on the Met-List but some I just enjoy the accounts or the pictures offered and don't feel the need to offer any commentary. Believe me, I am soaking it all up though. Or, at least as much as my antiquated mind will allow. Fact is, I truly appreciate it when someone shares pictures or information about their latest find. I also appreciate the effort that went into the recovery. To be honest, I find the wrongs interesting too. Its a comparison thing I guess. I learn from them.

Mike in CO

On Jul 19, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Michael Farmer wrote:

You know what I find interesting, every time a fake meteorite is posted on here, there is an uproar, tons of interest. When a real new meteorite or a fall is posted, the silence is most often deafening.
Michael Farmer

--- On Sat, 7/19/08, Rob McCafferty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Rob McCafferty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] A million $ rock on eBay
To: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Date: Saturday, July 19, 2008, 4:12 PM
If, as quoted in the description, a picture is worth a
thousand words, you'd imagine them putting a better
picture.
Mind you, with perfectly rectangular clasts, that's got
to be a one off :P

I could find a thousand words to describe it. I'd just
need to look up "rubbish" and all its synonyms in
a thesaurus.

Cordially, Rob McC

--- On Sat, 7/19/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED]