As far as I know the only early culture avoiding strictly to make use of meteoritical material was that of Australian aboriginies. Would be utmost interesting to find out, why. Does anyone here know more? I have a vague idea, but far from being sure.

Matthias Baermann

----- Original Message ----- From: <meteorh...@aol.com>
To: <Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Souslovo, Beaver, Brenham, Plainview, etc.

Brenham from the Hopewell Mounds in Ohio were found fashioned as buttons and
ear rings.

Axtell was used as a  door stop for years, and had paint drips on the
exteriour from at least one room  painting.

An Allende was used as a block to hold up a car in a mechanics  garage I
understand.

ASU has a killer tool that was fashioned from a Toluca, made for harvesting
some type of plant as I understand.

Cape York  was used to make arrow points.

Bethune Co was used as a block in a  cemented wall, I think.

Somervell County was used in wall.

Tucson  Ring was used as an anvil.

A Vaca Meurta was used as an anvil and another as a hammer rock to break up
other Vaca specimens.

Modern fashioned  Meteorites are used as knives.

There have to be a hundred more  examples.

Steve Arnold #1
www.SteveArnoldMeteorites.com