Hi all,

After much research, driving, searching, collaborating and with a little help from some very cool meteorite hunters and nice landowners, we've found our first stone from the newest meteorite fall in the world! There are a few firsts here.

First Meteorite Fall Chased
First Meteorite Expedition
First Time Driving 1500 miles (to chase rocks no less...) ;)
Our first meteorite find from fall to find all within 10 days.

I want to thank everyone who has helped us out here, you know who you are and we very much appreciate the cordial and helpful nature of everyone out here in West. The landowners have been more than gracious to let us hunt for meteorites on their land and many are characters and now hunt meteorites themselves. ;) We've hunted with a lot of you guys here from the list who a fortunate enough to be able to hunt this fall and we are truly grateful for your help and advice. Who better to learn from than the ones who do it day after day. Thank you!

So without further ado - because I know you guys are itching to see the photos- here's my daily West Texas Meteorite Expedition Journal Entry and the photos of my first new fall meteorite, all 6.7 grams of it: http://www.meteoritesusa.com/blog/meteorite-photos/texas-meteorite-expedition-67g-meteorite-find/

In the meantime... The hunt continues...

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA

P.S. We'll be here another 2 days, possible 3. Wish us good and happy hunting!