Michael,

This article you posted is dated Sept. 24th. We were there on the 18th and the
smell was already gone. The locals described it to us as a sulfur smell more
than Garlic but I don't think we asked about garlic so maybe it did smell of
Garlic.

I do know that the water was boiling for several hours after the fall. Some
suspect it was a chemical reaction with something but Carancas is filled with
many mysteries that may never come to light.

This smelly water was in fact the main drinking source for all of the livestock
in the area. In fact this Meteorite actually hit directly the human maintained
natural spring they drank from. So, my question is this; If this water was
contaminated how then was it the main drinking sour se for the area? Would the
arsenic not have effected the people and animals that drank from it? Again,
This is but one of dozens of mysteries yet to be fully answered. This material
has been shown to have a very odd cosmochemistry. So much so that scientists
are unwilling to publish the results. It has been described as inexplicable.
This was largely a farming community not a mining one but was on land that was
once a part of lake Titicaca,

Maybe you can figure this out. Thanks

Carl Esparza

IMCA 5829