Hello List,

I am excited to offer the  first large full slices of my 1,673g West, Texas
specimen.  Again, this  stone was recovered (rescued) the day before the
monsoon rains hit the  strewnfield this last week.

These slices were expertly cut by Marlin Cilz  at the Montana Meteorite Lab
with one of their wire saws.  With many years  of experience cutting
meteorites, Marlin made some stellar slices.

Due to the very fragile fusion crust, none of the slices preserved 100%  of
the crust unbroken all the way around.  Possibly, if the slices were  thicker,
we would have had slightly better results, but due to the desire to  keep
these slices as thin as possible, the slices endured some "chipping" of the
crust
as the wire saw went through it.

Nonetheless, these are  amazing looking slices.  The brecciation is very
pronounced in these  slices.  Each full slice has a zone of light material,
that
stands in  strong contrast to the zones with strong veining.

With the end  results of the two other known 1.5kg and 1.7kg masses still in
question (whether  they will be cut or not), it is possible that this might be
the only chance for  collectors to get a large full slice of this very
popular fall.  If the  another piece is found, or if one of the other two known
larger masses would be  cut, it is a crap shoot on what their interiors will
look
like (heavily  brecciated to not at all brecciated).  Also, any rock that
could be found  after the strong rains, from this last week, has a much greater
chance of severe  rusting on the interior.

On a side note, Marlin kept commenting on how  these West specimen slices
look EXACTLY like Peekskill.  And he should know  as he cut most of the
Peekskill
back in the day.

With the end  pieces, and the saw losses from the cutting, there will be less
than 1kg of full  slices that could make it to market from this mass.  I
chose to have this  specimen cut to generate more slices, yet smaller in size,
rather than fewer  slices that would have been larger in size and weight (and
price).  This  will allow more institutions and collectors to obtain a full
slice
for their  collections, and at lower overall prices.

While the mass is still being  sliced from, Marlin told me that the 78.1g
full slice offered here today will be  the largest slice from this mass.

While I would like to make as  much profit as possible from the sales, I am
pricing these to sell  quickly.  While I think these are worth more than what I
am selling them  for, I also understand some people will be hesitant to pay
too much for a slice  now, fearing more slices might show up later at a lower
price.  But even if  another rain-avoided mass shows up in slices, I seriously
doubt they will be  offered much lower in price than what I am offering these
for.

NOTICE:  If these first 8 slices sell out too fast, I  reserve the right to
raise the prices on the next batch of slices that come from  the saw in the
next few days.  Also, this price is NOT for part slices or  smaller full slices
have made from other smaller specimens.  These prices  are only for the first
8 full slices of the 1,673g Mass.

Contact me off  list if you would like more information on what is available.

Also, if  you are possibly interested a part slice from this mass, let me
know as well.

Steve Arnold

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219619459x1201345309/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID