Peter,
I purchased this at an estate sale in Tucson and all the lady told me was that
her late husband told her it was made of "meteor" and was a weapon from Egypt
used for killing and not for kitchen use. ( good words to help sell? Maybe!)
I deal in antiques so, I know there is always a story but the story does not
always match the facts. I did try to acid etch the polished end and it dulls
evenly except is small circles where it stays very shiny. No Widmanstatten or
Newman lines. It still has a decent edge as well.
I am being told that ASU has an AXE from Toluca so I am going to try and find a
pic but I have not seen it yet. Thank you.
Carl