Greetings,

Probably the closet book for someonen starting out is the Meteorite & Tektite Collectors Handbook by Bagnall. It is probably outdated now and hard to find a copy but just needs a second addtion. Why reinvent the wheel and have a thousand sites when you have good resources all ready available?

--AL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meteorites USA" <e...@meteoritesusa.com>
To: "Galactic Stone & Ironworks" <meteoritem...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Mark Bowling" <mina...@yahoo.com>; <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Guide to "Newbies" (was Meteorites &Competition)

All this talk about a guide to meteorites for newbies makes it sound
like the perfect venue would be the Meteorite Wiki. www.meteoritewiki.com

Seems pretty simple to me. Everyone that would like to know anything
about meteorites could learn it there.

A book, is so, well... Old school... ;) (just kidding)

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA

P.S. I know I'll probably get some brash emails on that one... ;)

Galactic Stone & Ironworks wrote:
Hi Mark and List,

Such a book sounds like a great idea.  A bunch of that info is located
in the online Meteorite Times archives.  There are several old
articles by Jim Tobin that cover some of these lapidary type topics.

But having all of those, and more like them, in one book would be nice.

Best regards,

MikeG