Elton:

Take a look - the Smithsonian classifies the meteorites from Antarctica and
some of the Irons are described as having a fusion crust.

Greg S.

http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/antmet/samples/petdes.cfm?sample=MIL07666

Sample Number      MIL 07666
Pairing     MIL 07666
Newsletter     31,2
Location     Miller Range
Field Number     18159
Dimensions     5.0 x 2.9 x 1.4
Weight     96.25
Original Classification     Iron (IIAB)

Macroscopic Description - Cari Corrigan and Linda Welzenbach
This lozenge-shaped meteorite is flight oriented with a slight melt flange on
the top side. The bottom or flight surface is finely pitted, the top side
smoother but with sporadic, deeper regmaglypts. Fusion crust is 100% and
exhibits mild oxidation in the form of iridescence and minor halos.

Thin Section Description - Tim McCoy, Cari Corrigan and Linda Welzenbach
The meteorite was examined from a cut and etched surface, which bisected one
end or nose of the specimen. A thin fusion crust is preserved over most of the
meteorite, and gradational heat alteration zone of approximately 1.0-2 mm thick
underlies the fusion crust on the bottom or flight side, and is less than 0.3
mm thick on the top side. A prominent coarse a2 structure is found throughout.
The section exhibits subequant grains ranging up to 1 mm in size which meet at
120° triple j