Hey list,

Just a little note...for the record...for those that are  not aware, there
are two "Steve Arnold" individuals in the meteorite  world.  One is:

1.   Steve Arnold, who lives in  Arkansas, who also is the co-host (along
with Geoff Notkin) of Science Channel's  TV series "Meteorite Men" who has
been full time in the meteorite business for  over 17 years...

...and the other is:

2.   Steve Arnold  from Elgin (Chicago) Illinois, who is a collector and
who is...who is...  well...at the very least, he is the one referred to in
this Meteorite List  thread.

Please don't confuse these two Steve Arnold's with each  other!

Thanks.

On a personal note, I have been a bit too  busy the last few months to
respond here as much as I would like.  All too  often I would read an email
thread a week after the first post was made and the  issues would seem to be
resolved by the time I would get around to reading the  thread.

Just a note to those of you who are curious, Geoff and I just  returned
this weekend from a trip to Nevada spending time with a crew of 20
professional TV crew members shooting a TV promotion commercial of our new
series
"Meteorite Men."  This last week, when we arrived on to the location  of the
shoot,  it looked more like we were coming onto the set of LOST or  CSI as
opposed to the normal "Meteorite Men" production "set."

Normally  we have a much smaller crew chasing us as we have been trying to
shoot this  first season of episodes the last few months, but this last week
was  different.

The production team hired to make the commercial spot is  scheduled to have
a various assortment of finished 30 second commercial spots  delivered, to
the Science Channel network, to start running by December  30.  We have been
told that the spot will run on ALL of Discovery's  channels, and not just
on Science Channel.   So, for those of you that  don't have the Science
Channel, keep your eye's open for it on Discovery, TLC,  Military, and the
other
U.S. Discovery channels.

Also, just as a heads  up, if the promotion staff of Discovery (Science
Channel's parent company)  chooses to go a bit "over the top" with the
promotion commercials, and they  choose to use a bit of "artistic license" with
the
topics that they choose to  produce, we hope the "purists" in our midst will
understand.  ;-)

If  the commercials just run 10 times a day on each of the 10 US Discovery
Channels  then that would be 100 showings each day of the commercials
promoting meteorites  over EACH of the next 60 days.  I am not good at math,
but
we can  expect, just from the commercials, for millions of people to be
exposed to field  of meteoritics for the first time, from these commercials.

For those of  you that have been considering upgrading to get Science
Channel on your DIRECTV  connection, so that you can see all of the episodes of
"Meteorite Men" come  January 20th,  I invite you to email me OFF LIST to get
a special  DIRECTV deal.

For everyone that already subscribes to Science Channel, I  invite you to
mark you calendars (or program your DVRs) for January 20, and for  each
Wednesday afterwards for the next 6 weeks, at 9 pm (Eastern) for a new  episode
of "Meteorite Men."  (And if anyone on this list is a Neilson Box  viewer,
please contact me off list for a very special offer. ;-)

I think  Geoff Notkin mentioned here on the Meteorite List about the
upcoming 2010  Meteorite Mayhem Birthday Bash in a previous posting, but I
should
add that this  year's Notkin/Arnold event promises to be VERY worthwhile to
attend.  So  much so, I encourage everyone planning to come to the Tucson
Show, to arrive  early enough to make it in time to attend the big party on
the evening  of February 5, 2010.

While Michael Blood's Auction is great  to attend on Saturday, the fun
actually starts about 24 hours earlier at the  Birthday Bash on Friday Night.

For those of you who have not attended one  of the Birthday Bash events in
the past decade, the gathering is only about 2%  about it being "a couple of
guys birthday," and it is closer to around 98% an  event about "an
opportunity to mingle and hook up with all of the fellow global  meteorite
enthusiasts (dealers, collectors, scientists, etc) that does not occur
anywhere else
during the year, this side of the Asteroid Belt."

Over the dozen or so years that I have attended the Tucson Show, with  the
exception of Adan Hupe's comments here on the list about a bad hotel
experience, I don't think I have heard ANYONE else ever regretting taking a
trip
to Tucson.  I know for some people, in this economic climate, it might be a
stretch to justify going to Tucson...however, I can almost assure everyone,
that  if you chose to go, it will be one of the best choices you will ever
make.

I hope everyone on the list that will want to go, can make it. And I  look
forward to meeting up with all of you again at Tucson '10.

Until then, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and a happy New  Year!

Steve Arnold
www.MeteoriteMen.com

In a message dated  12/20/2009 5:31:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,