Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to wish everyone on the Meteorite List a Merry Christmas

I have been absent from meteorites for much of this year as I wantd to complete some astronomy projects in celibration of 2009 being the International year of Astronomy.

http://www.astronomy2009.org/

It was in 1609 when Galileo first turned a home made telescope upon the heavens and began systematically observing objects in space. The next year, he published Sidereus Nuncius (Sidereal or Starry Messenger) and changed the course of Astronomy forever.

http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Galileo.html

Anyway, Merry Christmas and I hope 2010 is a pleasant and peaceful year for us all.

-Walter Branch