To: "Mike Miller" <meteoritefin...@gmail.com>
Cc: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] AD/web site update Campo, Brenham,Glorieta Damascus knife and more.

Hi Mike and List,

I think I speak for many others on the List when I say that your
specimens and preparation are top notch.  I have spent the last two
days slicing and polishing some stony chondrites, and it's been a lot
of work - it's been fun, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else,
but it's still a lot of work.  It's a labor of love.  When I think
about how much work goes into cutting, polishing, and preparing irons,
it makes me wince because I know how labor intensive irons are.  And
not only the labor, but the wear and tear on saw blades, diamond
wheels, etchant, and the other expenses.  Frankly, I don't fool with
irons because of the high learning curve and consumption of materials.
I don't see how some of you guys who specialize in irons can make any
profit.  Keep up the good work.  Those knives look awesome.  Now if I
can just convince the wife that I *need* one.... LOL

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG