Thanks Paul,

I will have to read it more carefully when I return from the field on Monday.
Apparently, there is not much case law judging from the lack of meteorite
references, only two in California.  It looks like none of the two cases made
it to supreme court and basically the finders just gave up when confronted or
the judgment was reversed if I read the excel sheet in regards to Younger v.
Meade correctly.

In any case, any meteorite laws will serve to undermine searching or reporting
scientifically valuable finds.  My guess is that the first North American Lunar
will be found on private property or in a long-forgotten rock collection
regardless of where it was found, especially if it was found in Oregon or
Washington state.

Best Regards,

Adam