Hi Chis,
You might see if you captured video of one that took place at 9:15 or thereabouts tonight. I watched it go from north to south or southeast a bit. It was west of Montrose. It was a spectacular thing to see with a long trail behind it. I'd call it a small fireball. I would be interested in knowing if you caught it on your cameras. I'd sure like to see it again if you did. Might have been a sporadic meteor.
Mike in CO

On Aug 12, 2010, at 4:53 PM, Chris Peterson wrote:

The weather isn't so great here, either. But I've got 88 Perseids recorded over the last few nights. I've got some images at

http://www.cloudbait.com/science/perseid2010.html

On the subject of distance from the radiant, note the video of one of the Perseid fireballs, which originated just 7° from the radiant, so was nearly head-on.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

----- Original Message ----- From: <bernd.pa...@paulinet.de>
To: <Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:33 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Perseids 2010

Jan wrote:

"How long is it driving to Germany"

Exactly the same idea crossed my mind, only difference I was pondering
how long it would take me to drive to Holland ... have never been there
and my Pauline would like to see the tulips in spring there!

Well, as for watching the Perseids, do not look directly toward the shower radiant but rather about 60° away from it. The closer you are to the radiant
the shorter the trails are!

Cygnus (the Swan) and Aquila (the Eagle) is always a promising place to look!

Back into the garden for more Perseids (weather permitting - it's cloudy again!)

Bernd