Hi Listers:

Over my many years, I've found that the thin section boxes used for microscope slides, will not take petrological or meteorite thin section slides, as those slides are slightly larger. On the other hand, I've sometimes seen botany slides the same size as geological slides. Also the regular botany slides are slightly thinner and can break more easily. I picked up at a local garage sale a microscope slide storage box. Took it home and found my meteorite thin section slides were too large.

Also many years ago I was looking around an antique store and came across a freestanding cabinet which was designed to take botany slides etc. Went home brought back a microscope blank slide and a precious thin section. The meteorite TS was too big. The microscope slide was a perfect fit. In any case, the unit was very pricey so I never bought it.

As stated before, I recently acquired a meteorite thin section mounted slide, which is larger than any type of slide I've ever seen.

Maybe a cabinet maker could turn out a nice box.

Chris. Spratt
Victoria, BC