To: "Alan Rubin" <aeru...@ucla.edu>; <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] iron meteorite cooling rates and Meteorite Men

Hi List. (ot a chemist, me, just a collector, not ametorologist, just a passionate meteorite guy.

This is mostly a question from Allan's post just now: I was always under the impression that iron meteorites resulted from colliding differentiated parent-bodies, and that the crystallization sequence was achieved after an impact that exposed a core, molten NiFe suddenly ejected into space without the shield of its former silicate mantle. Am I way off base? Does Thompson structure develope within?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Rubin" <aeru...@ucla.edu>