Greetings Mike and Listoids,
I shipped a premium eyepiece to a buyer on the east coast last year (South Carolina?) and he wrote that he had not received it a week later. USPS Delivery Confirmation showed that it had been delivered. When the postmaster called to inquire WHERE they had delivered it, they discovered it had gotten mixed in with the enormous load of daily returns that go to the (nearby) QVC shopping network! In QVC's own zip code! We had to wait for QVC to process through the bins full of returns, but they found the package and returned it to the post office, who got a second chance to deliver, in which they were successful. Priority Mail, indeed. The whole thing took about a month, but all's well that ends well I guess. I had feared having to refund the purchase price, but I imagine there's a similar "happy ending" awaiting you.
Linton

----- Original Message ----- From: "R N Hartman" <rhartma...@earthlink.net> To: "Gary Fujihara" <fuj...@mac.com>; "Mike Miller" <meteoritefin...@gmail.com>
Cc: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Question about lost shipment and what to do.

Example: Once I purchased a pricy slice of NWA 482 and asked Mike Farmer to send it overnight express, and two weeks later it had not arrived. I just happened to be at the postoffice talking to the manager in the back where stuff comes in when a bag of parcel post packages arrived. Right on top was my "express" package! So there is hope! Often I find when a package fails to arrive on time it is misdirected to a wrong zipcode thousands of miles away, but it eventually gets delivered, usually after a delay of a couple of weeks.

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Fujihara" <fuj...@mac.com>