From: <wahlpe...@aol.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:03 PM
To: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] Gunlock meteorite trip ,New meteorite find for 2011

Hi List,

Here are a couple of photos from my Gunlock meteorite hunting trip. From the mapping program and google earth it looked like a simple trip. The trip was anything but simple. With a Big Gulp in hand I started down the graded road to the second fork to the North. The road turned into an ATV trail and the planned route was washed out. My map showed three separate trails leading to to the meteorite find location. To make a long story short 6 hours later I arrived at my destination which I thought would only a couple of hours at the most. I would recommend a four wheel drive vehicle or ATV. The majority of the trail was four wheel drive only and the slightest amount of rain could make the trail impassable. Due to the location and condition of the road I could only spend a few hours hunting. I will have to return when I can spend more time.

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/Trip_Report.htm

The trip was not a waste I did make a new meteorite find at a different location.

Sonny

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/ORDINARY_CHONDRITES.html