Hi all,

I've just released Mezzanine 3.0 and Cartridge 0.9 to PyPi.

Like the 1.0 release of Mezzanine, this release represents a major round of
housekeeping in the software environment Mezzanine works with. Specifically
Mezzanine now supports:

- Python 3.3 (as well as 2.6 and 2.7)
- Django 1.6 (as well as 1.4 and 1.5)
- Bootstrap 3

You might be wondering about the jump from Mezzanine 1.4.16 directly to 3.0
- we've gone with 3.0 as it represents the latest support for Bootstrap 3
and more significantly, Python 3, an entirely new version of the Python
language. We also wanted to break away from lurking around similar version
numbers with Django, as this would confuse conversations where the various
versions of Mezzanine and Django were often discussed together.

As well as the above major overhauls and also many bug-fixes, here's a list
of other enhancements also included in the Mezzanine release:

- Better page handling when APPEND_SLASH is False
- Better support for password-less authentication backends
- Support for multiple SSL sites in default nginx conf
- More flexible instance removal in default fabfile
- Thumbnail template tags now accept args for controlling crop centering
- Pagination (blog posts, Cartridge products) can now be disabled entirely
- TinyMCE handling now includes a pre-populated list of titles/URLs (like a
sitemap) to link to
- Admin now includes a language selector when multiple languages are defined

The 0.9 release of Cartridge (along with new 0.3 versions of the grappelli
and filebrowser forks) simply bring everything up to date with all the
above.

I want to offer a huge thanks to everyone who worked to make these releases
possible. My own involvement has somewhat been reduced to code reviewing,
merging, and packaging the releases, so all the above has been entirely a
community effort. Particular thanks goes to Ed Schofield for the Python 3
work and Eduardo Rivas for the upgrade to Bootstrap 3 - both extremely
involved tasks. And also Sebastian Clemens who only joined recently, but
has made a large contribution in the Bootstrap 3 and multi-lingual work.
Thanks again also goes to the tireless effort of Josh Cartmell, Ken Bolton,
and everyone else who has helped out newcomers on the mailing list and IRC
- you people are the foundation of this project.

Cheers,
Steve

--
Stephen McDonald