That's great, Ken! Maybe you can share some of your tasks with Federico?

I've gone down the fixture path, and the two things I needed to get it working were:

1. Always use the --natural flag.
2. Don't do a huge, all-apps dump; rather specify the apps you wish to
   dump to the fixture. Off the top of my head, if you need all Page
   entries from the db: python manage.py dumpdata --natural pages forms
   galleries. Combine this with the fact that the fabfile creates the
   site and user objects for you, and it might be all you need to sync.