This is most likely an issue with FileBrowser but I'm mentioning it here in
the hope that somebody might have had a similar issue or could possibly
shed some light on this problem.

A user recently had some difficulty with their site when they attempted to
upload a file to the Media Library. The file they were attempting to upload
had a question mark in the filename (e.g. example?.jpg). The file uploaded
somewhat successfully but appeared in the file browser as a directory
rather than an image (I assume because the filename was truncated at the
'?' - i.e. dropping the extension). This new 'directory' couldn't be
deleted.

Much more worrying was that all other images/files in the target directory
and its child directories were deleted! Gone. Disappeared. I have no idea
how this could have happened. I can only assume that it is related to the
issue I referred to in the previous paragraph as I was told that that was
when the files disappeared. It also doesn't look like user error as the
child directories were all still there - only empty. I can't replicate this
(the disappearing files - I can replicate the corrupt directory issue by
uploading a file with a '?' in the filename) and have very little idea of
where to start looking for an explanation.

I've raised an issue on the django-filebrowser github page but would like
to hear from anyone here who might know something about this problem.

The site in question uses Django 1.6.5, Mezzanine 3.1.9, and FileBrowser
0.3.5.