Hi all,

I whipped up something quick for Buffer <http://buffer.com> (buffer.com)
integration - it's intended as a replacement for the mezzanine.twitter
BlogPost publish and allows you to take advantage of some of Buffer's
features, such as supporting multiple social network profiles,
automatically scheduling your updates (spacing them apart) and scheduling
updates in the future.

It's a bit primitive right now and has a fairly annoying bug in that it
doesn't actually work from the list view for BlogPosts, and my
documentation is more or less nonexistent, but since I'm probably done
working on this for the weekend, figured I'd share it.

You will need to create a Buffer account and also create an app
<https://buffer.com/developers/apps/create> to obtain an access token.

You can install it with:

pip install mezzanine-buffer --process-dependency-links

Unfortunately, the buffer-python library is outdated on pypi (and in fact,
that version 1.07 is actually broken in that it's missing subpackages when
installed) so the --process-dependency-links is required to install it from
github master.

This may be useful to you if you are interested in publishing your blog
posts to multiple social networks (really anything Buffer supports should
be supported) and if you're interested in spacing out your tweets.

pypi link - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mezzanine-buffer
github link - https://github.com/caffodian/mezzanine-buffer

boring history behind this - we were doing this at work with a mezzanine
driven blog to publish tweets and updates.  Our content writers tended to
work within 9-5 so we needed some way to space them out, as well as handle
tweeting for future-published content.  Some of us already use Buffer
personally so it seemed like a good fit to take care of these issues.  My
in office implementation was even dumber than this, so I rewrote everything
from scratch as a reusable app over the course of today.  :)

cheers,
alex