I’m not sure of a way to add captions through the builtin widgets of
tinyMCE but you can edit the HTML directly whenever you want. Just click
the HTML button to open the editor and add your caption tag directly in
there.

This editor will allow you to add nearly all the tags you can't (or don't
know how to) access from the widgets.

Have a look at the RICHTEXT_ALLOWED_TAGS setting
(http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/configuration.html#richtext-allowed-tags)
to know which one are available with no particular configuration tweak.
The RICHTEXT_FILTER_LEVEL and the RICHTEXT_FILTER(S) settings can also help
improve your control over the rendering of whatever you put into your
tinyMCE editor.