I vaguely think this used to occur in relation with Django's syncdb
command, and now the sequence of tools used with createdb is different
enough that it doesn't pick this up anymore.

I've got that working again by manually calling createsuperuser here:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/commit/416dd2f8b75f663a601a2aa867e128229515d57c

Stephen McDonald
http://jupo.org