On 29/07/2015 4:53 PM, Bhavani Shankar wrote:
I figured there's a problem in detecting the postgresql database. I went to local_settings.py and saw that the user and name of the database were set to the project's name. (different from my local machine) How can I fix this?

If you're deploying using Fabric and Mezzanine's fabfile, that's standard (database name and user are same as project name). You can set the database password
in your FABRIC dictionary on your dev machine's local_settings.py.

If you wish to change this, you could edit your project's copy of fabfile.py and change the places where it creates the database and its user, but you may also need to ensure the local_settings.py template you use updates DATABASES appropriately as well. (in the deploy directory)

Deployment doesn't copy across database contents (and nor should it) because generally you want your dev database to be different to production. If you do want to transfer across the data, read up on the 'dumpdata' and 'loaddata' commands (from manage.py/django_admin) and if they fail, you can always use Postgresql's own pg_dump / psql commands to copy the data across.

Hope this helps.

Seeya. Danny.