I tend to follow a different approach with my client projects. With
frameworks like Bootstrap you get a UI kit you can customize and provide
that to your users. For example, when the content editors want to modify
the style of a button, they can add a modifier class to it. The same goes
for pretty much any other element. This has the added benefit of being a
composable approach, allowing to stack multiple modifier clases that are
available through out the site, not only specific pages.

It also feels weird to store style information in the database. At least in
my experience, it is not the content author's responsibility to tweak
styling. It is the designer and the developer who have to provide the tools
necessary to give the content writers enough flexibility but staying within
the design spec. Hence the approach I explained above (using modifier
classes).

Now, that's just an opinion, not really an objective argument. If a custom
CSS field gains traction, I would ask it to be disabled/enabled via a
setting, just like the blog post featured image. Definitely not a level of
control I want to give to the users.