On 5/12/2015 3:19 AM, Sarah Hein wrote:
I feel silly, but I swear I've tried to fix this on my own and by checking the docs...

Working to deploy Mezzanine with Python 3.4 onto a Digital Ocean VPS. Trying to mimic the Fabric deploy the best I can, and have it set up with PostgresQL, Supervisord, Nginx, and Gunicorn. Everything seems to be working as expected so far.

The only hiccup is that I can't get the form to automatically send me emails. I've filled in the various settings via the admin panel, and I've added the following to settings.py (following Ross Laird'sexcellent guide <http://www.rosslaird.com/blog/customizing-mezzanine/>):

##############
# SEND EMAIL #
##############
# enable email via gmail
EMAIL_HOST ='smtp.gmail.com'
EMAIL_PORT =587
EMAIL_HOST_USER ='sarah.is.a.super.common.n...@gmail.com'
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD ='passwordsarefun'
EMAIL_USE_TLS =True
DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL ='sarah.is.a.super.common.n...@gmail.com'

Prior to changing all of these settings, I would get an error message when I tried to use the form to send an email. Now I get a success message following form submission, and I can see the entries under "View Entries" from the admin panel. I just never get an email. I don't get it. Is Google blocking me? Is there another program I was supposed to have installed and integrated? I feel bad clogging up the mailing list, as I bet it's something simple I'm missing, but I'm out of ideas on how to fix this.

Given that the email is *from* you and *to* you, check your Gmail "All Mail" or "Sent Mail" folder, just to ensure it's not being automatically filed there, rather than in your inbox.

Seeya. Danny.