OK, so I put in some print statements: one in the mezzanine core
defaults.py right after the call to register_settings(), and the next one
in my settings.py right after the code below.  It looks like settings.py is
being executed before defaults.py, so my setting is getting overriden.  Is
that how it's supposed to be happening?